Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What do you say in an inteview when you are asked, "What are you passionate about?"

The post below found at  http://jobsearch.about.com/od/interviewquestionsanswers/qt/passionate.htm    has wise counsel on how to best answer in an interview when asked the question, "What are you passionate about?"

Job Interview Answer: What Are You Passionate About?


When you're asked what you're passionate about during a job interview it's a good opportunity to share what is important in your life. It's also an opportunity to show your dedication and what's important to you. Your response doesn't need to be work focused, but do be sure that what you share isn't something that could potential cut in to your working hours.
For example, you don't want to say that you're a mountain climber with the goal of climbing Mountain Everest or that you're getting ready for the Tour de France or looking to spend the winter skiing in Aspen.

Sample Answers: What Are You Passionate About?

  • One of my greatest passions is helping others. When I was younger, I've enjoyed helping mom with household repairs. As I grew older, that habit grew and I desired to help others as well. I like helping people find solutions that meet their specific needs.
  • I'm passionate about painting. I take an evening art class once a week and try to find time each weekend to paint. Painting is a good way for me to relax and even though I don't have much talent, I do it enjoy it.
  • I lost my father to pancreatic cancer and ever since then, I have spent time volunteering to help raise awareness and funding for cancer research. I volunteer for PanCan, the advocacy group, and I'm part of their volunteer network. One of the things I'm passionate is to assist in finding a cure, however I can.
  • I'm passionate about making a difference. When I'm involved with a project at work I want to do my best to achieve success. I feel the same way about what I do in my personal life.
  • I'm an avid skier and I like to spend weekends and vacations on the ski slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment